WE’RE LOOKING FOR A NEW PRODUCER
Written by Inspire FM Newsdesk on December 17, 2019
We are looking for a community-focused and creative individual seeking a great development opportunity.
Who are we?
Inspire FM is a not-for-profit organisation with the aim of supporting and enhancing the development of the community. The main focus is on the broadcasting of audio content to raise awareness and tackle local problems. With a key Muslim audience, it seeks to promote local engagement by using the radio station as a catalyst for inspiring and empowering the community.
Based in Luton, Bedfordshire – known for its vibrant, diverse community, food and culture. Luton is a large town situated 30 miles North of London boasting a great indoor shopping centre, a growing international airport and a lively commercial environment.
We are looking for a full-time Radio Producer to generate ideas and manage the content of broadcasts over the radio and other platforms. You will be working in a great team environment with a community-centred organisation and reporting to the Station Operations Manager. Salary is between £16,000-£18,000 depending on qualification and experience.
- Planning all aspects of a show (e.g. scheduling, sourcing and confirming guests).
- Generating concepts and creative ideas for new radio shows.
- Ensuring everything runs on schedule while the show is on-air.
- Directing and supporting presenters, assistants and other staff members.
- Monitoring audience numbers and tailoring shows to meet demands.
- Ensuring programme quality/variety and compliance with all broadcasting legislation.
- Using various broadcasting technologies such as editing/production software.
- Keeping up to date with current affairs in order that show content is topical and well-researched.
- Developing content, writing material for scripts, bulletins and links.
- Editing programmes/interviews/reports/conversation pieces.
- Edit and write news stories from information collected by reporters.
- Work under pressure and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Carrying out any other relevant tasks/duties assigned by Management.
Why Should You Apply?
- An exciting and rewarding place to work
- Freedom to innovate and be creative
- Commitment to looking after our staff
- Opportunity to develop your professional and management skills
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
- Proven admin, multi-tasking, prioritising & organisational skills
- Proficient in the use of IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Excellent spoken & written communication
- Proven leadership skills through leading people/initiatives
- Demonstrate understanding of needs relating to our target audience
- Degree in Production, Media or Business
- Team management experience
- Commercial experience in an office management role
- Proficient in the use of productions software e.g. Adobe Audition
- Experience of using social media and related technology for marketing/promotions
- Ability to speak an additional language; (Urdu, Bengali or Arabic would be advantageous)
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 5pm 6th January 2020