COVID-19 UPDATE – NEW GOVERNMENT MEASURES
Written by Inspire FM Newsdesk on March 23, 2020
The Government this evening announced tougher measures to tackle COVID-19.
All must stay at home unless for one of the following reasons:
1. Essential trips to supermarkets or shops, as infrequently as possible
2. One form of exercise per day (e.g. run)
3. Medical need or to provide care
4. Travelling to and from work when absolutely necessary
The Government has also stated:
– No gatherings of more than 2 people in public places
– Police powers to disperse crowds and enforce staying at home through the use of fines
– Closing of all shops selling non-essential goods, including clothing and electronic stores – as well as other premises like libraries, playgrounds and outdoor gyms
– Stop all social events – including weddings, baptisms and other ceremonies, but allow funerals
These measures will be implemented immediately.